OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video. But I didn't see the flame and bandit angels. Did they start munching on coral causing you to remove them?

They were fine with coral but actually became pretty aggressive and territorial to the point they were constantly chasing other fish in the tank. The bandit ended up going to a local guy and paired with his other bandit. The flame went to a friend. Both are doing well.

Last edited:

tr1gger

Keyboard Cowboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank and video are incredible! It's an absolute tribute to the way Gene approaches everything he does. Well planned out and executed each and every time. Guy knows his stuff. Congrats Gene, a stellar tank and it's just an infant :)

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank and video are incredible! It's an absolute tribute to the way Gene approaches everything he does. Well planned out and executed each and every time. Guy knows his stuff. Congrats Gene, a stellar tank and it's just an infant :)

Thanks Dan. Really appreciate it.

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to skin the base. Picked up a sheet of white laminated wood from Ikea's cabinet section and made some doors. Attached them with some door clasps and magnets. Pretty happy with how it blocks out the fuge light at night and also reduces some noise as well.

IMG_7405_zpsty48wwse.jpg
Beautiful

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving your build. Did you retrofit your G2's with the G3 kits?
I love the display but I could stare at your sump/plumbing all day. It's nice and proper :D

They were mostly gen1 that I upgraded to gen3.
Thanks you and me both. I originally started with the sump area open just so I could admire it but eventually skinned it.

Yakland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful and pristine. I am in process of starting one but worried about my JBs and other shrooms. How is the growth of your jawbreaker in such a clean water?

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great build, I love shallow tanks and your scape makes so much sense.
I will be following! :)

Thanks. I had a lot of fun doing the rockwork but now I am thinking it feels a little heavy. Might try spacing some pieces apart.

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful and pristine. I am in process of starting one but worried about my JBs and other shrooms. How is the growth of your jawbreaker in such a clean water?

My shrooms are all actually doing really well and seem to be growing very fast. My tie dye detached but I was able to get it to reattach to the rock. No real sign of babies other than the one full red it put out but it was detached for a while.

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had a few setbacks along the way with a malfunctioning doser and with the holidays I have been doing more traveling than usual so the tank has suffered. Things are rebounding and beginning to do well again but still have some necrosis on a few pieces. Since the last update I’ve added a few fish lost some pieces of coral and added others. I ended up adding a black and purple tang to go along with my powder blue and white tail. All are doing great and there is very little aggression. I think largely due to the ample amount of room in the tank. Also added a red velvet fairy wrasse and long nose hawkfish that I am fostering for a fellow reefer. Anyways snapped a few pics. Hope you all enjoy!

IMG_7915_zps1ixwkp5b.jpg

BigR Walt Disney

IMG_7916_zpshgl1rkex.jpg

Rainbows in Spain

IMG_7917_zpstofgozjw.jpg

Bue Matrix/ Tutti Fruity

IMG_7919_zpsw7kow4xp.jpg

Tie-Dye

IMG_7922_zpsb0f2giyk.jpg

Rainbow Rhodactis

IMG_7923_zpsasb8igrf.jpg

UR Berserker

IMG_7925_zpsf2a8fuvp.jpg

Jawbreaker

IMG_7928_zpssujxo9os.jpg

Tri Color

IMG_7929_zpsdyylzwx1.jpg

UR Yellow Cyanide

IMG_7930_zpsqtb9bjc2.jpg

Unknown

Last edited:

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut that tie dye for me already! lol.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back