Ws1 aquamaxx skimmer issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter swoons
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

swoons

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2018
Messages
216
Reaction score
53
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having trouble running this skimmer in my aio box. Every time I turn it on it goes insane with bubbles and overflows. I’m not sure if there’s a way to tune it or what to do. The fish seem to get stressed with the amount of micro bubbles going into the tank so idk how to run it to break it in if that’s what the issue is.
 
I’ve been having trouble running this skimmer in my aio box. Every time I turn it on it goes insane with bubbles and overflows. I’m not sure if there’s a way to tune it or what to do. The fish seem to get stressed with the amount of micro bubbles going into the tank so idk how to run it to break it in if that’s what the issue is.
There are two adjustments that have a large effect: water height in the skimmer and the amount of airflow. Does your skimmer have directions on how to adjust these?
 
There are two adjustments that have a large effect: water height in the skimmer and the amount of airflow. Does your skimmer have directions on how to adjust these?
Not that I know of I went through the instructions it was just how to install it not really how to tune it. It doesn’t really have any valves for air flow and such.
 
You can raise the skimmer cup to help with it overflowing, make sure the pump is not restricted. If the skimmer is new maybe if it will not cause other problems remove the skimmer cup. It would be nice if that skimmer had a line showing the water level, the HOB version is a 1000% better, this was a simple band saw job and viola a new skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new