Ws1 aquamaxx skimmer issue

swoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having trouble running this skimmer in my aio box. Every time I turn it on it goes insane with bubbles and overflows. I’m not sure if there’s a way to tune it or what to do. The fish seem to get stressed with the amount of micro bubbles going into the tank so idk how to run it to break it in if that’s what the issue is.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having trouble running this skimmer in my aio box. Every time I turn it on it goes insane with bubbles and overflows. I’m not sure if there’s a way to tune it or what to do. The fish seem to get stressed with the amount of micro bubbles going into the tank so idk how to run it to break it in if that’s what the issue is.
There are two adjustments that have a large effect: water height in the skimmer and the amount of airflow. Does your skimmer have directions on how to adjust these?

OP
OP
S

swoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two adjustments that have a large effect: water height in the skimmer and the amount of airflow. Does your skimmer have directions on how to adjust these?
Not that I know of I went through the instructions it was just how to install it not really how to tune it. It doesn’t really have any valves for air flow and such.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can raise the skimmer cup to help with it overflowing, make sure the pump is not restricted. If the skimmer is new maybe if it will not cause other problems remove the skimmer cup. It would be nice if that skimmer had a line showing the water level, the HOB version is a 1000% better, this was a simple band saw job and viola a new skimmer.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back