ws6kid's Miracles 220g Build

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is my tank.
I'd love to come pick your brain and check out the tank some day. I've slowly adjusted my tank over to SPS but need to pick some brains of some experts. :D

Corey

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is my tank.
I'd love to come pick your brain and check out the tank some day. I've slowly adjusted my tank over to SPS but need to pick some brains of some experts. :D

Corey

Well I am no expert, but I have some understanding. Clearly as long as it doesn't involve cyano I can make it work :p

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe i can swing by and check your tank out and see how you do things to be successful and then see if I can implement them into my setup.

corey

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been testing these new Octo Pulse 4 pumps. So far, I am impressed. Very quiet, easy to clean with the easily removable head. Getting ready to hook them up and program them from the apex, but all in all, it is a nice pump with a good company behind it. I have high hopes. Anyone else tried them?

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after battling the cyano for several weeks, it managed to kill off a few sps that it covered, but I have finally made it disappear. 3 days no light in the tank and a few water changes seemed to have made it go away. Sadly, the 3 days with lights out cost me my green slimer colony, the RR D Day, and a random aussie table. Sometimes, this hobby is quite frustrating. Thankfully my homewrecker and OP are coloring up and things look to be on the up and up again.

I am considering adding some LED supplementation. Does anyone use Kessils, Radions, or anything like that along with their ATI fixtures? Would love to see any creative methods to do that.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, great build. Love it.

I’ll eventually need to put cabinets around the office side of my in wall 180 - any closeups of the cabinets, details about construction? Did you do them yourself?

Thanks did any info!

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking in! Ran into some money struggles late last year and sold all of my SPS colonies. Broke my spirit a little bit, but everything is running strong. Slowing gearing back up to get some nice frags and I will update as they come along.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back