ws6kid's Miracles 220g Build

Djkris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the lose. I just had the same happen while I was out of town. Fantastic tank!

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Yea, the losses are terrible. So much time spent in QT and making sure they are healthy just to lose them while away. Really frustrating.

Just got a nice pack from @kacrocorals581 though! Will get some photos once they settle in.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things have really taken off. Was just looking back through the thread and its so cute how tiny some of these pieces were at the beginning of the year.

RR The Vihn
P9240181.JPG

WWC Flamethrower
P9240195.JPG

WWC Snowy Dragon
P9240186.JPG

Starburst Monti
P9240208.JPG

JF Fender Bender
P9240200.JPG

Tyree Red Dragon
P9240180.JPG

Couple of other new ones and old ones mixed in there.

Replaced the light over the 120g with Radion G3 Pros. Been playing with that as well. Pretty nifty lighting. Will be interesting to see how the color differs from the ATI to the Radion.

IMG_5188.JPG

Updated shot of the sump room. Love my new 818 from GEO!
IMG_5189.JPG

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow, impressive grow, especially the uniformity. Wish I had some stuff to trade you but I doubt you want anything I have. :)

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to love the Homewrecker and Beach Bum! It was nice meeting you too. And the Freakshow is over the top nice too. :)

Yessir! That Freakshow is going to be one that looks great with the white lights on and in the evening. Really a wild piece. Can't wait for it to grow up :)

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was making room on the frag racks for the new pieces and grabbed a couple of decent macros with the point and shoot :)

Rommels Watermelon
PA300221.JPG

RR The Vihn
PA300226.JPG

Tyree Pink Lemonade
PA300218.JPG

WWC Firebreather
PA300222.JPG

Tyree Blue Matrix
PA300225.JPG

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this RR Rainbow Loom for some time now. Not really having much success getting the colors to come out of the growth tips. Any ideas from a pro? :)

PA300229.JPG

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking at a random aussie no namer I grabbed a while back. It really is not looking awesome from a distance, but when I picked it up, I noticed a pretty little detail at the tip. Sorry for the bad photos :p
PA300233.JPG

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just popping in to let you know the tank is still up :) Here is a bad video edited with some cheap software just to show the tank and all of its inmates :p Battling cyano for about a month and a half now. Driving me bonkers, but I am sure it will subside with better maintenance. I have been slammed at work opening our first expansion location so husbandry has been slacking. Some of the corals have exploded. Others are just slowly putting along.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating about upgrading all of my apex so that I can accommodate the Trident system, or if I would be better off to just grab a kh guardian. Anyone have an opinion? Looks like getting out of my apex and into a new one will end up costing me over $1000 and then I will still have to purchase the trident when it is available. KH Guardian doesnt handle calc and mag, but is quite a bit cheaper to get into.

Also, why is cyano such a pain? :p

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Debating about upgrading all of my apex so that I can accommodate the Trident system, or if I would be better off to just grab a kh guardian. Anyone have an opinion? Looks like getting out of my apex and into a new one will end up costing me over $1000 and then I will still have to purchase the trident when it is available. KH Guardian doesnt handle calc and mag, but is quite a bit cheaper to get into.
I've had a couple alkatronics now for a few months without any issue. one of the biggest things to consider is support. Jonas the the focustronic team have essentially 24 hour support throughout facebook messenger and will reply within hours if not immediately with detailed one on one help whenever you mess something up or can't figure something out unique to your set up. they are amazing. the product has been running flawless since day one. integrates with your existing apex easily without upgrading equipment.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good to know. I have to say that as frustrated as I have been with WAV pumps dying, Neptune's service has been excellent as well. I have a friend with the KH Guardian and it has been running perfectly since setup as well. Consistency is a good thing.

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following along will be building my in-wall tank in two years after I finish up PA school. I love the cabinetry around the tank.
What makes your tank have the least amount of maintenance? If that makes any sense.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along will be building my in-wall tank in two years after I finish up PA school. I love the cabinetry around the tank.
What makes your tank have the least amount of maintenance? If that makes any sense.

Thank you. The cabinets came out nice for sure. Everyone loves to see the tank when they come over.

There are so many options for automation these days. I caution making recommendation based on maintenance level, but if you are like me, and cannot be in the tank room daily, there are a few items for sure that I couldn't go without.
1. Controller - I like the apex as it is familiar to me and readily available with good support. When set up properly, it notifies me of issues that need immediate attention.
2. The best equipment you can afford. Reliability is key when looking for low maintenance.
3. Don't think you can have the tank that you love in photos without work. You can't automate the husbandry that lead to those tanks being so successful.

Hope that helps :p

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. The cabinets came out nice for sure. Everyone loves to see the tank when they come over.

There are so many options for automation these days. I caution making recommendation based on maintenance level, but if you are like me, and cannot be in the tank room daily, there are a few items for sure that I couldn't go without.
1. Controller - I like the apex as it is familiar to me and readily available with good support. When set up properly, it notifies me of issues that need immediate attention.
2. The best equipment you can afford. Reliability is key when looking for low maintenance.
3. Don't think you can have the tank that you love in photos without work. You can't automate the husbandry that lead to those tanks being so successful.

Hope that helps :p

I won’t be able to be in the fish room everyday for sure. That is good info. I appreciate that.
I’ll keep following along.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live about 7 minutes south of Mantis :p I think I read your build thread on CORA. I dont post much there, it is pretty dead these days.

Thank you for the compliment. Let me know if you ever need anything.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back