• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB 50w (approximately) quality UV sterilizer

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand did you go with? And what did you have prior? I'm curious as Im currently shopping for one.
Well that's a fun story. The first one I bought last week was an open box pentair 40w from BRS. It arrived, box was pretty beaten up, but everything looked fine and like it had never been touched. Got it all plumbed up and after a few minutes it tripped my GFI. No leaks at all... no water was getting into the quartz sleeve. I tried it on other GFI's in my house and it tripped every single one as soon as I plugged it in. Made no sense.. guessing it's a ballast issue. BRS said they have heard of this happening to another person recently. I read some people saying the quality went down when pentair bought out emperor aquatics. I returned it.

I ordered a brand new Aqua UV 40w from premium aquatics. Hoping to have a better experience :)

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's a fun story. The first one I bought last week was an open box pentair 40w from BRS. It arrived, box was pretty beaten up, but everything looked fine and like it had never been touched. Got it all plumbed up and after a few minutes it tripped my GFI. No leaks at all... no water was getting into the quartz sleeve. I tried it on other GFI's in my house and it tripped every single one as soon as I plugged it in. Made no sense.. guessing it's a ballast issue. BRS said they have heard of this happening to another person recently. I read some people saying the quality went down when pentair bought out emperor aquatics. I returned it.

I ordered a brand new Aqua UV 40w from premium aquatics. Hoping to have a better experience :)
Yikes! I was going to get a pentair....seems like I'll have to rethink it. Where did you pick up the Aqua UV?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back