• PLEASE create your market listing (new for sale thread) HERE in our new marketplace! The new marketplace will allow you to create listings based on criteria that will help those searching for aquarium products and livestock find your items easier. You will also be able to accept online payment or your own method of outside payment. The new market will also allow you to pick and choose who you sell to easier, keep track of your products, give and receive feedback scores and much more! Thank you. For more info please see this thread or go directly to the Beta Market here.

WTB: Custom Steel Aquarium Stand

JoeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been running into an issue with a local welder dragging his feet on a job he promised.

I'm looking to have someone make a custom steel aquarium stand for a 150g tank. Hollow steel tubing, 1.5 or 2" square, 1/8 or 3/16" wall thickness. The stand dimensions are 60"L x 24"D x 33"H and the tank will weight about 1700lbs when full of water, rocks, and sand.

It's just a simple design with possible leveling feet if the stand is not level. I'd also like to have the tubing ends sealed shut so salt water cannot enter the stand and rust from within.

I will have it sandblasted and powder coated locally, but I'm open to offers on that, as well.

Any local welders or companies looking for a job?

Here's an example. The image was copied from this site and the numbers are not applicable.

vonMises04.jpg

Thanks, Joe

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Have you ever had a reef tank with no sump and how did it go?

• YES and it was just fine

Votes: 236 58.7%
  • YES but it was difficult

Votes: 74 18.4%
  • NO

Votes: 82 20.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 2.5%