• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB : Neptune AFS unit working

Item Price
50-60
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looking to buy an AFS unit. Was cleaning top today and accidently knocked mine into the water and its fried

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me before and Neptune support was able to help with a refurbished unit for a decent cost. Don’t remember exactly how much.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BUMP

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
b u m p

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Looking to buy an AFS unit. Was cleaning top today and accidently knocked mine into the water and its fried

Have you tried the whole leave it in a bag of rice (or better yet, desiccant that you get in packages) for a few days?

I have this one that I purchased, but it didn't come with the "screw" on the bottom mounting plate, so I haven't used it since it won't attach properly. (other than balancing it on my overflow for a day before I got too nervous it would fall in) :p

Calculate shipping from 34202 to you and let me know if it would make sense for you.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have you tried the whole leave it in a bag of rice (or better yet, desiccant that you get in packages) for a few days?

I have this one that I purchased, but it didn't come with the "screw" on the bottom mounting plate, so I haven't used it since it won't attach properly. (other than balancing it on my overflow for a day before I got too nervous it would fall in) :p

Calculate shipping from 34202 to you and let me know if it would make sense for you.
I don’t need screw plate and will take it
In in zip 53070

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Found one - New

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
PM'ed with payment info. :)
Sorry to bother you. As mentioned, the EB832 of mine went out. I Bought a new one and got it first last week. The unit tripped and I contacted support. They stated that the AFS has a short after we did a series of tests and indicated they would warranty replace it. They did however need a copy of purchase invoice,
Would you by chance have that? (Its ok to cross off any personal info). If purchased from BRS, etc - there will be one on your purchase history

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Sorry to bother you. As mentioned, the EB832 of mine went out. I Bought a new one and got it first last week. The unit tripped and I contacted support. They stated that the AFS has a short after we did a series of tests and indicated they would warranty replace it. They did however need a copy of purchase invoice,
Would you by chance have that? (Its ok to cross off any personal info). If purchased from BRS, etc - there will be one on your purchase history

Oh no!? I feel terrible! It was working fine when I disconnected it from my EB so I can't imagine what happened! :(

However, here is the thread detailing where I originally purchased it (R2R member) but I don't know if they'll accept that or if the original purchaser would need to produce that.

======================= from my message on Mar 8, 2024

======================= from my message on Mar 8, 2024​

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oh no!? I feel terrible! It was working fine when I disconnected it from my EB so I can't imagine what happened! :(

However, here is the thread detailing where I originally purchased it (R2R member) but I don't know if they'll accept that or if the original purchaser would need to produce that.

original purchaser would have to

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
original purchaser would have to

I just wrote Tuan who I know and he too bought it used. I was under the impression from ad this was New Minus the screw and he used it for a few months

From Tuan:
5 minutes ago
I also bought the AFS unit used but it was working perfectly when i had it. The buyer did not contact me that it was broken in any way.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%

Back