• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB - Red Photosynthetic Plating Sponge

Dillon Deville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a frag of this specific sponge. I have a big colony of the blue/purple variety but just lost my small piece of red due to an alk swing. Looking for another.
Thanks
Img_2023_04_04_22_54_08.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Dillon Deville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I didn't know there was a red one. I have the purple/blue one.
Yeah, I recently heard about it and saw one in a shop I was near at the time surprisingly not long after, but haven't seen one since then.

It's seriously the same sponge in all aspects except for color. Just a red Collispongia Auris. The blue kind is very pretty with its varying colors, and the dark red this one can get is really really nice, imo.

Getting in touch with the shop I got it from hasn't been fruitful. I went ahead and took a chance with ordering one from LiveAquaria. Fingers crossed it gets here intact, as I really want one and I sell a lot and a lot of people were wanting frags. If you ever want a piece when it's grown out, I can give you one for much cheaper than what LiveAquaria offers, and with much more consideration probably lol.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are still off, but my red plating sponge is probably 24”x18”… frags growing in 3 of my other tanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back