WTB Wi-Fi or Bluetooth dosing pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter dlh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dlh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
138
Reaction score
54
Location
birmingham
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WTB Wi-Fi or Bluetooth dosing pump
 
I have a Kamoer X1 bluetooth on my office tank. It is very easy to jump on the app from my phone and I didn't have to worry about any wifi networks which is a plus considering it's at work.

You lose the ability to check on it from beyond bluetooth range but I'll take that for the sake of simplicity.
 
If you have trust in your WiFi then i’d definitely go with one of those! I like to have access from anywhere- with a Bluetooth controlled dosing pump you have to be right next to it and may as well just adjust right on the unit it self..

Needless to say, if you have poor WiFi your pump might loose connection from time to time. This shouldn’t be an issue as it would not loose its programming with momentarily loosing WiFi.
 
I use the Kamoer X1 Pro 2 pumps (wifi) and they've been flawless for me for over a year now. I went wifi instead of Bluetooth, because I read that the BT version will lose its program in a power outage until you can reconnect your phone. But if wifi isn't an option (tank at work, etc), then it'll still probably get the job done.
 
Thanks for the advice, but WTB = wanting to buy, I. E. Love ok’ing for a used pump for sale
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new