WTD...I might have made a bad choice yesterday

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, this isnt so bad. I just think it's a little funny. I stopped by Tractor Supply yesterday to pick up a 100 gallon stock tank to add to my tank. While walking in Tractor Supply I passed the ducks and chickens. I forgot what I was there for and brought home 2 ducks instead of a tank. Lol.

Needless to say I have some happy kids right now. Any duck owners out there and do you have any tips?? Lol

20200320_204934.jpg

Last edited:

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh god... I did the same thing LAST YEAR... Still have them haha - they are so messy, you will need to clean their little area daily. Once they get big enough they can be outside in a large coop. Ours go in the coop at night and get let out in the morning. Watch out - things will try to eat them. Also they love water so if you have a koi pond - they will tear it up! Give them their own little pond and they will love it.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s horrible I know and I would never do it but Muskie fisherman love those guys for bait. Just seems monstrous to me

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand; put ours in pond in back of house and dog kept predators away. However, when they got bigger I think they were "inspired" by ducks flying over and they joined their friends. Much fun for a few months. It's all about the kids anyway!

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you need a coop and some chickens.
Then pigs and sheep.
Ha ha.
Just kidding...
When I was a kid my dad had Geese.
They were so mean we could not go in the backyard.
My dad could handle them but everyone else got chased down and bit.
So Mom put down the law and they went off to a farm.
Or maybe we unknowingly ate them? Who knows I was like 5.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then pigs and sheep.
Ha ha.
Just kidding...
Tastes like chicken.....

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They poop 24/7 and grow insanely fast LOL good luck!

Don't tell my wife this! She tells me all the time she wants chickens. They were minimum of 5 chickens or 2 ducks. So I bought the ducks instead. She has reminded me a hundred times how messy they are lol. However, she wouldn't put one down last night so we shall see.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they are definitely not a plastic tub! Lol

Lol. Honest to god. I got so distracted that on my way home I said CRAP I forgot the tub. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then pigs and sheep.
Ha ha.
Just kidding...

We lived in the country a couple years ago and my wife bought chickens. She wanted the whole farm. We sold the house within a year so that never happened. We live in a subdivision back in town now and she has still talked about getting the whole farm.... smh. What have I done. Lol

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thought yesterday at TSC..... then I thought of using the money for coral and I walked away!

It wasn't bad. They were $3.50 a piece. I bought two ducks, some food, and a feeder for like $20.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, this isnt so bad. I just think it's a little funny. I stopped by Tractor Supply yesterday to pick up a 100 gallon stock tank to add to my tank. While walking in Tractor Supply I passed the ducks and chickens. I forgot what I was there for and brought home 2 ducks instead of a tank. Lol.

Needless to say I have some happy kids right now. Any duck owners out there and do you have any tips?? Lol

20200320_204934.jpg
They're adorable!
When I was growing up my dad hatched a duck from an egg. My sisters and I were the first thing it saw so we were "mom"
That duck would follow us everywhere. Wed take my dads boat out and take him with us, hed swim with us. It was alot of fun.
I was young so I dont really remember how we cared for him. But there is feed you can get from mills or possibly even fleet farm to feed them.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're adorable!
When I was growing up my dad hatched a duck from an egg. My sisters and I were the first thing it saw so we were "mom"
That duck would follow us everywhere. Wed take my dads boat out and take him with us, hed swim with us. It was alot of fun.
I was young so I dont really remember how we cared for him. But there is feed you can get from mills or possibly even fleet farm to feed them.

That's awesome! It's so cute because they both follow anybody in a line around the house like they are following their mom.

Travis Alderman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20200320_204934.jpg
Apply for a tax rebate by saying your a farm! Best advice I could give about them.

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have two ducks. And to say they are messy is an understatement. I’ll attach pictures of what the water as well as the pool looks like after one day. Yep less than 24 hours ago both the water bowl in the pool were spotless. The male duck also constantly tries to bite me but it’s fun LOL and female duck is supposed to be laying eggs but she really only lays them for like a week and then gives up for like a month so like I don’t know maybe she’s bipolar.

ABF36BF7-B017-4D12-A0E0-F31B1C554813.jpeg C80D77BB-F116-4E57-BC60-F45DF98637C4.jpeg A5F7FD9E-5204-4F8D-ABE2-5B488239BC4A.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1532.MOV
    4.5 MB
OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have two ducks. And to say they are messy is an understatement. I’ll attach pictures of what the water as well as the pool looks like after one day. Yep less than 24 hours ago both the water bowl in the pool were spotless. The male duck also constantly tries to bite me but it’s fun LOL and female duck is supposed to be laying eggs but she really only lays them for like a week and then gives up for like a month so like I don’t know maybe she’s bipolar.

ABF36BF7-B017-4D12-A0E0-F31B1C554813.jpeg C80D77BB-F116-4E57-BC60-F45DF98637C4.jpeg A5F7FD9E-5204-4F8D-ABE2-5B488239BC4A.jpeg

Lol. How often do you clean out that pool?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back