Wulf's Reef

MarsWulf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the very early stages. Preparing to design my aquascape and cure 140lbs of Reef Saver until there's no phosphate leeching from the rock. I'm also ready to polish up my sump design and implement the sump plumbing with a good deal of junctions. Taking my time on the plumb. Gonna get my 20g quarantine tanks cycling; one for fish and one for corals. I'll be quarantining for 60 days before adding anything to my DT. Have to get my new 6 part RO/DI and water pump hooked up and consider some optons for water storage. Thinking about sump design and possible sources of backup if the power were to cut. I'm gearing for a mixed reef with hybrid T5 and LED lights

20200107_011706~2.jpg 20191227_203125.jpg 20191230_192324.jpg 20191230_191331~2.jpg 20200107_011706~2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarsWulf5

MarsWulf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RS rock, RO/DI booster pump, circulation pump, and fish acclimator came in today.

Swapped out the setup I had for a fish quaranteen - and went got a new setup flr the fish QT and for the coral QT. I went with 2 x 20g High Aqueon tanks, both with a 100W Aqueon heater, and an Aqueon Quite Flow 30 filter, a couple thermometers, a Coralife 48" Aqualight with Aqueon and Coralife Actinic Blue T5s, and a bunch of backup bulbs. I have a wood cabinet stand for a 75g that I'm gonna use to sit the QTs on. I just need clear lids a frag shelf, and some PVC pieces and should be good to start cycling those - gotta get the new RO/DI hooked up with the booster pump first though - and need some good powerstrips with timers, a QT specific fish net, Coral Rx and dips, and some epoxy for frags. Getting there.

I picked up a second cheap powerhead to use to cure and cycle the Reef Saver and a superabaorbant mat to help with any spills during water transfers. Plan on gettting a water change kit when the time comes.

Thinking about the hybrid T5 LED lights I wanna put on the DT, circulation pumps, and a backup battery or a generator.

Going to finish designing my sump plumb and get that in the works.

Can't wait to play with these Reef Saver rocks and see what I can build!

Contemplating painting the back of the DT black...

Lots of boxes at this stage... But probably will start playing with some saltwater within the next week.

A lot of progress has been made on this project over the last month.

Here's a pic of the boxes and QT tanks. I know it's not a pic of a gorgeous DT in full bloom... But I still find it thrilling.

20200110_003038.jpg

Back