WWC 900 Gallon Broodstock Reef Build and Progression Thread! Need I say more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our classic WWC Sour Punch growing out into a spectacular colony!

n8liSl2l.jpg

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I saw the video. why do you have six hours of photoperiod with only blue, Royal blue and uv? these fantastic colors of the corals are also seen with white light at 50% or are they colors only with blue/UV leds? in your opinion in a Reef 48’’x21’’x21’’ how many radion and how many t5 should I mount?

We've tinkered for years and this is what we've found best for growth and coloration. Every system is slightly different and there isn't one correct way of doing. After all is said and done it becomes personal preference.

I would recommend 4 Gen 4's and if you have a hood, you could put a several of t5's down in between to reduce the LED shading effect.

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've tinkered for years and this is what we've found best for growth and coloration. Every system is slightly different and there isn't one correct way of doing. After all is said and done it becomes personal preference.

I would recommend 4 Gen 4's and if you have a hood, you could put a several of t5's down in between to reduce the LED shading effect.

Thanks for the reply; at what height should I put the g4? but to reduce the shadow would not be enough to put the new radion diffuser?

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply; at what height should I put the g4? but to reduce the shadow would not be enough to put the new radion diffuser?
They tell you in the videos the hanging height on all 3 of the tanks. They also talk about how long the t5's are on each day and why they added them to 2 out of 3 of the tanks. I watched all 3 videos last night.

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tell you in the videos the hanging height on all 3 of the tanks. They also talk about how long the t5's are on each day and why they added them to 2 out of 3 of the tanks. I watched all 3 videos last night.

yes I have seen, but it seems to me a contradiction to add t5 to radion ... in this way you eliminate the advantage of the LEDs (less electric and less heat)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes I have seen, but it seems to me a contradiction to add t5 to radion ... in this way you eliminate the advantage of the LEDs (less electric and less heat)
I do not think there is a contradiction in adding T5 to LED, not even to Radions.
LED will not provide the same light coverage as T5's and by adding them, you create a more even spread, more PAR and good and proven additional spectrum.

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think there is a contradiction in adding T5 to LED, not even to Radions.
LED will not provide the same light coverage as T5's and by adding them, you create a more even spread, more PAR and good and proven additional spectrum.

well at this point better to put a good plafo t5 to get better results of the LED less cost and more yield

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

People add T5's to Radions to give a more even spread of light and to fill in the shadowed areas. Some of the major downfalls of LEDs include shadowing and people picking bad spectrums to run their lights at. T5 supplements help to smooth that out and give an even blanket of light to the whole tank, while using the LED's to drive high PAR areas for finicky corals like SPS as well as tweaking spectrums.

If you're interested in learning more about this, BRS has some great videos talking about LED+T5 hybrids as well as other combos such as T5 + Metal Halide or all these options alone.

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People add T5's to Radions to give a more even spread of light and to fill in the shadowed areas. Some of the major downfalls of LEDs include shadowing and people picking bad spectrums to run their lights at. T5 supplements help to smooth that out and give an even blanket of light to the whole tank, while using the LED's to drive high PAR areas for finicky corals like SPS as well as tweaking spectrums.

If you're interested in learning more about this, BRS has some great videos talking about LED+T5 hybrids as well as other combos such as T5 + Metal Halide or all these options alone.

but in this way you could directly use micro LEDs to cover the entire surface to avoid areas of shade

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you've had several people ask, sorry about that, but do you mind sending me your current Radion Schedule?
I'm running 4 15 Pros down the middle of my display, with two 54w T5 in the front and two in the back, using a mixture of ATI blue plus, blue actinic and KZ fiji Purple.
thank you for all you do for our hobby.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you've had several people ask, sorry about that, but do you mind sending me your current Radion Schedule?
I'm running 4 15 Pros down the middle of my display, with two 54w T5 in the front and two in the back, using a mixture of ATI blue plus, blue actinic and KZ fiji Purple.
thank you for all you do for our hobby.

Please email us this request to [email protected] and we will reply to you with our current Radion schedule. Thank you :)

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think your radion lighting schedule will be ok without the T5’s? And I am currently running the coral labs SPS AB+ At 85% how long would acclimate to your schedule?

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, we run Radion XR15 G4 Pros with no T5's on our 293 and it does great! Send us an email and I would be happy to share that schedule with you :)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC - Any updated 900g FTS for this thread? It’s been awhile.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC - Any updated 900g FTS for this thread? It’s been awhile.

We haven't done too much with the 900 as we are in the process of taking it down for our big move. Now that said, I'll see what we can drum up :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back