WWC After Party vs. RR Pink Floyd

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thats the same thing I’ve noticed. After party has lots of purple in it.
Bubba found a real photo of it. Absolutely gorgeous piece
20190604_123839.jpg

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was so much of this coral coming in at one point. Seems like all the mainstream vendors got one and named it something different. With variations so minor, it'd be hard to tell if it was the actual coral or just varying tank conditions causing them.

The earlier pieces of the "Wolverine type" acro always looked similar to the floyd, but had more purple skin like the images above, from what I recall.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was so much of this coral coming in at one point. Seems like all the mainstream vendors got one and named it something different. With variations so minor, it'd be hard to tell if it was the actual coral or just varying tank conditions causing them.

The earlier pieces of the "Wolverine type" acro always looked similar to the floyd, but had more purple skin like the images above, from what I recall.

Whatever happened to all those “wolverine” acros?

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever happened to all those “wolverine” acros?
ASD moves MANY frags of it. Pretty sure Boom picked up a frag and got an active mother colony going over a year ago and always had frags on the site last time I checked (before it changed ownership, it's been a while since I've shopped for coral).

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ASD moves MANY frags of it. Pretty sure Boom picked up a frag and got an active mother colony going over a year ago and always had frags on the site last time I checked (before it changed ownership, it's been a while since I've shopped for coral).

I have a small colony growing, but haven't been willing to cut frags yet!

njreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to resurrect this thread. I have both the RR Pink Floyd and the WWC Afterparty. Many people have mentioned they believe it’s the same coral. At first I was in agreement but after watching them both grow out I’m not so sure.

The Afterparty appears to have longer polyps when it’s happy (much more like a Tyree Pink Lemonade). When an ICP test came back with many of my trace elements being stripped (algae scrubber woes), I started dosing Brightwell’s Restore trace element supplement. Within a few weeks I started to see the blue tips on the Afterparty that are in the picsthat I’d never seen in my piece before. The Pink Floyd never got those colors and seems to be a thicker growth form (at least for me).

I know this is hardly scientific but most of what we do is observational in the hobby anyway. IMHO I feel there’s a trace element missing that may be quickly depleted even with regular water changes. WWC may be able to pull those colors simply because they’re constantly bagging corals out of tanks and refilling with freshly mixed seawater; always replenishing whatever trace element may be involved.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back