WWC Blueberry vs. RR The Vinh

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just wondering what others' thoughts are on this..... Are these the same coral?? I have the WWC Blueberry and was interested in getting the RR The Vinh because most of the pictures online show bright white to light green branches that I don't see in the Blueberry. A fellow veteran SPS keeper stated that they are the same coral....

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those and the RR Grape Juice all look too similar to me to have each. I have a big colony of grape juice and a small frag of the WWC Blueberry and will compare them once the BB grows out.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very similar for sure. They appear to be the same Nasuta species but maybe just different variants. I have all of the following and they all look very similar. Especially due to the blue polyps. Tissue seems to vary under different lighting and nutrient conditions from white/opaque to green/blue/teal. Hard to say for sure since most vendors put their name on other vendors corals at times or they bring them in from the same regions and collectors.

RR Vinh
WWC Bluberry
Blueberry Diesel
TCK Blueberry
BC Therman Rainbow
BC Grape Juice

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a handful of these and some of them are a bit different, but mostly look the same.

Gonzo's Blueberry Diesel is the best, IMO, with the whitest branches and greatest contrast.

They are all so similar that if you do not have the room to "collect," then just pick one, IMO.

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Those and the RR Grape Juice all look too similar to me to have each. I have a big colony of grape juice and a small frag of the WWC Blueberry and will compare them once the BB grows out.
The BC Grape Juice was on my list. Is it similar to the RR Grape Juice?

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have had a handful of these and some of them are a bit different, but mostly look the same.

Gonzo's Blueberry Diesel is the best, IMO, with the whitest branches and greatest contrast.

They are all so similar that if you do not have the room to "collect," then just pick one, IMO.
Great tip. I'll look into this one! Thanks

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all very similar or just the same coral to me... I think if you picked one you would be happy.
I also sell the WWC aqua delight and it looks like its also the same coral at least to me...

You will also see a lighter branch color in lower N/P tank with higher light
LRM_EXPORT_284360031045398_20190703_165812146.jpeg

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They are all very similar or just the same coral to me... I think if you picked one you would be happy.
I also sell the WWC aqua delight and it looks like its also the same coral at least to me...

You will also see a lighter branch color in lower N/P tank with higher light
Is this the WWC Aqua Delight you pictured?

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not able to tell them apart. Have both but I don’t know which is which anymore. Right now it is prime coloration for which has been tuff to maintain over the years. It is easy to keep but browns out easy. So thought it was good time to take video and pic. This was actually a frag that I made back in December that never sold before I closed for spring/summer break so has gotten quite large

Link to Video

IMG_2667.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back