• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WWC broke my heart

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

xrxzcx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm making this post to vent about my most recently purchase with Worldwide Corals, 3 orders have been placed in total. I spent a good chunk of change on the after sale and payed for September 1st for my delivery date. The order has been delayed because of the weather being over 100 ( I live in AZ) but the previous orders all got shipped and delivered in weather over 100. The corals being delayed because of the weather is completely understandable but they did not contact me to inform me about the delay. I contacted customer support on Wednesday (July 31) to question if I would receive my package on the delivery date I choose ( Sept. 1) and they said it'll be here Friday (sept 2), today I reached out again and now its supposed to be here Tuesday ( Sept 6) after saying several times to ship the corals anyways if the shipping manger allows it. I would rather have my corals as quick as possible than continuously waiting for the weather to cool down so I can start the recovery process on the coral immediately. Talking to the WWC rep on the phone gave me buyer remorse because he didn't even ask how they could make things right for not informing me about the 2 delays and for the reason of being told my package would be here tomorrow but in reality it'll possibly be here next week. No hard feeling to WWC either, its good to see delays to keep the corals alive and healthy. It is just another sad day. Thanks for your time and I hope you have a great rest of your day!

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am sorry that your order has been delayed. Unfortunately your area has high temperatures of 108 degrees, this is significantly higher than 100 degrees. When planning the shipment or the corals we not only take into account the temperature in your area, but also the temperature on out city (initial transportation location) and the temperature in the FedEx hub in Memphis TN. We want to make sure that your corals arrive alive and healthy, as we do not want you to have the bad experience of receiving corals that are not in good conditions or deceased. Especially when we know we avoid that situation. We'll continue our conversations via our customer service email to find a way to have your corals safely delivered to you.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xrxzcx

xrxzcx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am sorry that your order has been delayed. Unfortunately your area has high temperatures of 108 degrees, this is significantly higher than 100 degrees. When planning the shipment or the corals we not only take into account the temperature in your area, but also the temperature on out city (initial transportation location) and the temperature in the FedEx hub in Memphis TN. We want to make sure that your corals arrive alive and healthy, as we do not want you to have the bad experience of receiving corals that are not in good conditions or deceased. Especially when we know we avoid that situation. We'll continue our conversations via our customer service email to find a way to have your corals safely delivered to you.

Have a wonderful day.
After talking to Keith, he worked with me to find a good day next week to send them and I'll have to pick up the package via local FedEx location. He also is giving me a free frag for this whole confusion. I do completely understand why the shipment was delayed but at least make the effort to tell the customer. He also explained why my previous orders were sent out in extremely hot weather when they shouldn't and assured me that the delays were because to much packages were getting sent out to extreme weathers. The first order I placed with you guys had a high of 106 if i remember correctly and the second one was a high of 114 but both was not delayed. I as the customer do take responsibility with the health of the corals because I am fully aware of the heat and still placed the order. Thank you for your time.

OP
OP
xrxzcx

xrxzcx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After talking to Keith, he worked with me to find a good day next week to send them and I'll have to pick up the package via local FedEx location. He also is giving me a free frag for this whole confusion. I do completely understand why the shipment was delayed but at least make the effort to tell the customer. He also explained why my previous orders were sent out in extremely hot weather when they shouldn't and assured me that the delays were because to much packages were getting sent out to extreme weathers. The first order I placed with you guys had a high of 106 if i remember correctly and the second one was a high of 114 but both was not delayed. I as the customer do take responsibility with the health of the corals because I am fully aware of the heat and still placed the order. Thank you for your time.
update- the shipping team did not sent out my corals or if they did I did not receive a shipping number. I'll have to wait till the morning to even know. If they did not ship my corals, my wait time would be a week from my original chosen delivery date..

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back