WWC Corals raised fish free?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LinZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank you! That's what I figured. Welp, 75 days it is then! 😅
I also like to QT all new arrivals including corals, hermits, shrimp, snails, etc. When I first started doing this, I was going 60 other 70+ days out of an abidance of cation. However, I've since learned from @Jay Hemdal and some of the other experts in fish diseases that 45 days fallow should be sufficient to starve out any fish parasites on frag plugs. Certainly, longer is likely safer, but I no longer believe that you have to go 70+ days.

I hope that helps!
This helps a ton, thank you! 45 days seems like a lot less stress on them before I can get them into my main tank with a better ecosystem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new