WWC Grabs

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine arrived just before 11 and seem to be in good shape and size.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1374256326.397601.jpg

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to get them excess nutrients under control to get rid of that algae. Most common causes are from overfeeding.

OP
OP
WesW

WesW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to give you guys credit on the frag sizes. They are a lot bigger than I was expecting. The pictures threw me off because of the big frag plugs but it person they are very nice. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow when everything opens up... and I've never been into acros but this tri-color paletta may have converted me :) Tyler you need a frag of this guy! I just hope it does ok in my tanks.

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've cut the feeding down to twice a week, maybe 3 every now and then. The algae is slowly getting better, I think. I was wondering if we should try putting some GFO in a bag in the back chamber (it's a NanoCube 28).

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to give you guys credit on the frag sizes. They are a lot bigger than I was expecting. The pictures threw me off because of the big frag plugs but it person they are very nice. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow when everything opens up... and I've never been into acros but this tri-color paletta may have converted me :) Tyler you need a frag of this guy! I just hope it does ok in my tanks.
Yes I do! lol. The move went fairly well but I am doing some upgrades to the display so things are still in holding bins at the moment. Glad to hear you got nice frags! Once things are cool down here I will have to get you over to try out some of the many accidental frags I made ripping colonies off of rocks.

OP
OP
WesW

WesW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do! lol. The move went fairly well but I am doing some upgrades to the display so things are still in holding bins at the moment. Glad to hear you got nice frags! Once things are cool down here I will have to get you over to try out some of the many accidental frags I made ripping colonies off of rocks.

Glad you guys are all moved and I bet you are dying to get your DT back up. I'm headed to LA for 10 days starting Friday but hopefully I can make it to Birmingham sometime in August when I get back. Now that I have this tri-color acro in my frag tank I'm super worried I'm going to kill it. I trust it in your tank a lot more than mine, so if you are up for it I may bring it to you in August. Then you could grow it out and I could snag a frag of it from you later - possibly after I try out another cheaper acro or two haha. What do you think?

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you guys are all moved and I bet you are dying to get your DT back up. I'm headed to LA for 10 days starting Friday but hopefully I can make it to Birmingham sometime in August when I get back. Now that I have this tri-color acro in my frag tank I'm super worried I'm going to kill it. I trust it in your tank a lot more than mine, so if you are up for it I may bring it to you in August. Then you could grow it out and I could snag a frag of it from you later - possibly after I try out another cheaper acro or two haha. What do you think?
That is a kind offer, but I would feel better if you grow it out in your tank. I dont want to take your nice new frag. Whenever you are ready to cut a backup frag though I am ready. Come by anytime for frags and have fun in LA. Hopefully by the time you get down here I will have the display up. I finished painting the stand and started on the basement plumbing this weekend so it should be done soon.

OP
OP
WesW

WesW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to taking pictures of my WWC frags. Almost everything is doing great... two Darth Maul polyps haven't opened yet (last picture) and we are going on five days but I still have my fingers crossed for them. Other than that I'm really happy with these corals! Please pardon my lack of photography skills and the iPhone quality -

WWC1.png

WWC2.png

WWC3.png

WWC4.png

WWC5.png

WWC6.png

Chris1.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back