Wwc heaven and hell Milli

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this piece actually exist in anyones tank? Or is it one of those mythical unicorn corals?
download.jpeg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's nice, looks like a common mille that used to come in a few years ago. I saw things very close to that coming in all the time

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a cherry corals colony. I don’t know if it exists in the trade anymore.. hopefully?

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this one was around some years ago. I think even cc lost this one, they came out with another one (angels and demons) after the one above. But I'm not even sure that ones around either.

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be skeptical of any acro that looks obviously wild collected and photographed immediately, usually telltaled by the asymmetric growth and sitting on a frag rack. Colors are guaranteed to shift and you never know what you’ll end up with. This is the first reason I avoid chop shops.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw the original Heaven and Hell colony at CC back when it came out.......the colors were more pastel.

I passed on buying but it would be interesting to see if anyone grew it out and how the colors look on a mature colony.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the original Heaven and Hell colony at CC back when it came out.......the colors were more pastel.

I passed on buying but it would be interesting to see if anyone grew it out and how the colors look on a mature colony.

With your inventory ,, you should have just traded for a frag lol :)

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I would really classify Cherry Corals as a chop shop :)
To be clear, I wasn’t saying CC is a chop shop. But I also wouldn’t touch a coral like the one pictured without the expectation it will most likely be unrecognizable in the future. I definitely wouldn’t pay much for that risk. I much prefer at least a 2nd generation frag, otherwise it does start to fall into chop shop territory in my book and the cost should reflect that.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a mille or a prostrata? I always have a rough time with I’d on prostrata. Normally I see they have longer branching.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that a mille or a prostrata? I always have a rough time with I’d on prostrata. Normally I see they have longer branching.

The science community eliminated the prostrata as a species and now just label them all as millis. From what I know there just wasn't any real difference in coralite structure.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s odd but I guess they are right, the coralites were pretty close. I seemed to often find other differences but they were never always there.

Zaven D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that milli so much! im looking for a frag myself if anyone wants to sell me one dm me.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah remember when we got sun grown / colored coral! 90% of acros I have ever seen with pink or aqua on them in the wild loose color within a month of captivity unless they get throw under big MH 400w with like 10-20k . All the "blue" systems people run now would make this coral so green . I am curious who does have this anymore, I thought they all bleached out and never aqua-cultured well .

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back