WWC Somewhere Over the Rainbow Milli...

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200202_112251.jpg

Here's what mine has become. Quick grower.

What’s the reddish coral on the bottom and where did you get it? That’s amazing!

abbas.jaffer5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a Pink Lemonade

It is not. It’s very touchy and the colors have changed dramatically. I saw the colony before i got the frag.

Go to page 7 and look at Keith’s picture. That’s what mine looks like and that’s what the colony looks like for the most part.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith’s picture looks a little different than the others in that it looks more like an acropora prostrata than mille, and they are hard to tell apart. But your pic defiantly doesn’t look like either of those species from that angle. But if your happy with it that’s all that matters. Well unless you decide to sell frags of it down the line and others agree that it’s not the right piece. I hope it is right and that’s just an odd picture angle or something but I would want to make sure it’s the right coral if I spent a lot of money on a piece.

abbas.jaffer5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith’s picture looks a little different than the others in that it looks more like an acropora prostrata than mille, and they are hard to tell apart. But your pic defiantly doesn’t look like either of those species from that angle. But if your happy with it that’s all that matters. Well unless you decide to sell frags of it down the line and others agree that it’s not the right piece. I hope it is right and that’s just an odd picture angle or something but I would want to make sure it’s the right coral if I spent a lot of money on a piece.

I have a pink lemonade colony in my tank and it does not look similar. Yes, I do agree that the picture is odd, it was the best i could get atm. The frag is recovering from a bleaching event but i see the blues/greens starting to come in in the new growth. Maybe, if i got a top down you would be able to see it or if i could just take better pictures. I'm using an iphone 8 with a costa lens in front of the camera. I will ask the seller to send his colony pics.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That green acro to the right is coming in hard with some left jabs. Better frag that. I'll pay shipping. :)

That’s one of my favorite species. Acropora Florida, grows so nice when you let it grow out. Problem is it branches in odd directions so it’s hard to tell where it’s going to go!

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm late to the party. I got a frag recently and here it is, looking forward to it growing. Is a slow one though...

wwc sotr 020320.jpg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink lemonade colony in my tank and it does not look similar. Yes, I do agree that the picture is odd, it was the best i could get atm. The frag is recovering from a bleaching event but i see the blues/greens starting to come in in the new growth. Maybe, if i got a top down you would be able to see it or if i could just take better pictures. I'm using an iphone 8 with a costa lens in front of the camera. I will ask the seller to send his colony pics.
Who cares about the colony pic, get some better pics of your own piece, top down too.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not. It’s very touchy and the colors have changed dramatically. I saw the colony before i got the frag.

Go to page 7 and look at Keith’s picture. That’s what mine looks like and that’s what the colony looks like for the most part.
100% not a millepora and definitely not a sotr.

I agree it looks just like most pink lemonade drags you see.

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is it. About to take off and the colors are getting nutty

IMG_20200601_200238_MP.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back