WWC Somewhere Over the Rainbow Milli...

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Imo, this coral is a dud and not worth the trouble.....even when it grows, from a foot away it just looks like a common bubblegum milli and an intense no named bubblegum milli..........easier to acquire and hardier, blows it away.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The standard pink body and blue tipped bubble gums........they don't have a special name but some are spectacular in the intensity of the pink body and blue tips. This one below is one a local reefer had........probably the nicest I've ever seen and it blows away most of the named pink millis.

These are considered fairly common and grow fast like a slimer.

This isn't the best pic, but this is the original colony under halides--

kindred_zps2ppnqfrd.jpg

This is a frag I had...........doesn't show the blue tips as the base was growing and not the tips short term

kindred%20close_zpsrhl5yv1x.jpg

If you don't mind spending a bit more......one of the truly outstanding pink/blue tip millis is the Smurfette. It has purple coralites edges but what really makes it awesome is the intensity of the pink body and blue tips.

I'll try to snap a pic later today of my frag.

A.G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smurfette Milli ?? Sounds intresting, Just googled it but could not find any thing.

Is it similer to snipersps bubblegum..

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the snipers and its more purple especially with the polyps out, The base is bright but you normally cant see it. Mine is DEEP purple.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Snipers has Red polyps with blue coralites under halides or T5--

snipers%20bg%202_zpslr9lbkli.jpg

I hope no one is upset I sidetracked this thread, if so let me know..........

I saw the Smurfette on the web a few years ago and and then when I was at my friend Tim's house @therman last year I saw it in person and it looked like a lighthouse beacon in a sea of corals in his frag tank.

I was able to get a piece from him last Feb...........maybe he can post a picture of his current colony.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that sniper is nice! Looks like I have a lot to look forward to! In my tank the purple is more dominant. I got mine from Adam a little while back. Its a trooper!

A.G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Big E you never cease to amaze me with your ability to bring out those colors out of ur sps.

@rovster very beautiful frag , i got one tiny nub from jeremy at exotic corals which i believe they r the same .

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet!

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Smurfette is crazy nice. Honestly it is looking better than my Snipersps growing side by side (and much faster growing for me). The intensity of the pink inside each corallite edged in blue is really stunning in person but I have a heck of a time getting a photograph that shows it accurately. I will try to find/take a pic later.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Two photos of the Smurfette. There is one even older photo floating around from a Michigan forum that I saw a couple of years before I got the frag, that I thought had somehow screwed up the saturation because of the way the pink glowed. After growing it now I'd say that photo is accurate.

These are under DIY Cree LEDs.

Feb 2016
IMG_1908.jpg

Aug 2016 after I'd started feeding Reef Roids for a couple of months prior. For color reference, the corals surrounding it clockwise from top left are BC Hyperberry, original UC Strawberry Shortcake, RMF Diablo millepora, and bottom right is original Tyree Superman Montipora. Granted the others are still in earlier stages of encrusting, but it is a crazy bright Acropora.
IMG_0080.jpg

I'm interested to see how yours looks under T5, @Big E

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow mine looks nothing like that. Interesting looks good though. Thanks for sharing. Min is more of a dark greenish blueuy purply nondescript color lol

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green doesnt show up with in the photo but between each coralite it is green, can see it down ont he growth edges though it is darker in the middle.

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of these remind me of this frag I got from Adam at Battle Corals. He calls it "Dream Sequence Mille". The photo is from the day I got it. I have had it a few days now, and the red/pink and blue tips is started to come in better.
DreamSequenceMille-09-11-16_zpsbjkzrq4h.jpg

Back