WWC Somewhere Over the Rainbow Milli...

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh I didnt know that adam had this coral. I'll have to ask about it. If you don't mind my asking (perhaps PM if you don't feel comfortable posting it here) what was the damage for a frag of this? I know what it went for years ago, but no idea what to expect currently.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys dont flame for making this post. :) And I'll say from the start that I am not claiming that I have the WWC SWOTR (I live in the UK so impossible haha), but what I have matches the Reeffarmers description: The blue and purple branch tips, red corallites and green base pigments are very visible.

Here is the link and photo from Reeffarmers:
limitededition_overtherainbow_colony.jpg

Link to site: Limited Edition Somewhere Over the Rainbow Acropora

Here is my coral taken under full daylight of a mixture of T5 and LED:
DSC_6328_zps20cc6fb6.jpg

The tips are blue with purple, red corallites, a green base and there are white polyps as well as the darker polyps. Under more blue light it looks awesome and looks SO MUCH like the SWOTR. :D

I bought it thinking its a blue Millepora and after a few weeks it started to colour up with purple, strong blue and a green base can easily be seen if I blow the polyps in with the turkey baster. Its growing nicely right under my ATI T5's and looks happy.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece Sahin, very similar. I love when millis have that green base. My SWOTR frag is growing at a snails pace.

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece Sahin, very similar. I love when millis have that green base. My SWOTR frag is growing at a snails pace.

I second both comments. That's a great looking mille and rivals the SOTR for sure if it's not the same thing. How fast does it grow? My tiny nub hasn't done a thing in 6 months. Hah!

Oh, also, how much flow do these things like? Anyone know?

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sahin that is a nice piece

I second both comments. That's a great looking mille and rivals the SOTR for sure if it's not the same thing. How fast does it grow? My tiny nub hasn't done a thing in 6 months. Hah!

Oh, also, how much flow do these things like? Anyone know?

Thanks for the comments. :) It is a like version of the WWC SWOTR so I'm very happy. Will try and take a photo under more blue light next time to compare better to the WWC version. :)

I'm loving this piece for sure. One of my favorite in the tank now. Mine isnt a fast grower. I would rate it slow-med. I have it 6 inches under the waterline, so it is being blasted by the ATI LED Powermodule. As for flow it is getting med-high flow. I have my MP10 on pulse mode, so the polyps rock side to side and then a Tunze 6095 adds additional flow.

vuqchu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys dont flame for making this post. :) And I'll say from the start that I am not claiming that I have the WWC SWOTR (I live in the UK so impossible haha), but what I have matches the Reeffarmers description: The blue and purple branch tips, red corallites and green base pigments are very visible.

Here is the link and photo from Reeffarmers:
limitededition_overtherainbow_colony.jpg

Link to site: Limited Edition Somewhere Over the Rainbow Acropora

Here is my coral taken under full daylight of a mixture of T5 and LED:
DSC_6328_zps20cc6fb6.jpg

The tips are blue with purple, red corallites, a green base and there are white polyps as well as the darker polyps. Under more blue light it looks awesome and looks SO MUCH like the SWOTR. :D

I bought it thinking its a blue Millepora and after a few weeks it started to colour up with purple, strong blue and a green base can easily be seen if I blow the polyps in with the turkey baster. Its growing nicely right under my ATI T5's and looks happy.

Awesome looking piece. So nice and fuzzy.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread makes me sad, lost mine fighting AEFW. Great looking coral guys.

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but I am looking for a frag of this and can't seem to find any. If somebody wants to sell me one send me a pm please! Can get a few sps to make shipping worth it if need be. Thanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back