WWC Tropic Thunder Chalice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post pics if i need to, but am researching a chalice i got from a friend who says he bought it from ya'll a long time ago as "Tropic Thunder"? Just wanted to see if it rang any bells right off the bat?

It is a maroon colored chalice with pretty large eyes when fully formed.. he said he maybe paid like $300 for a large frag? lmk if any clue

mike

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly the Tropic Thunder was very similar in color to the Mountain Dew Chalice. I don't remember it being maroon. It had tropical like colors (green, orange) which is where the name came from. I will check with Vic later today to make sure and I will also see if I can find a pic of it in our photo collection.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if it is from WWC but scroll down to coraldiva's post. Does that look like the one you have?
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ge...8-chalice-show-off-thread-367.html#post389672

thx! could be... kinda bad pic, but as of now, mine is pretty much all maroon so hard to tell.

It is good size, id say about a 3-4" circle, but no blue eyes..

Coraldiva's is Vivid Aquariums Tropic Thunder chalice
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-discussion/33900-vivids-tropic-thunder-chalice.html

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cornbred also has a Tropic Thunder. I bought one from Rich about a year ago. It had several colors. Mostly shades of pink body with blotches of orange and blue. It was one of his better chalices in price but no where near that price range.

OP
OP
1mbrews8

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
1mbrews8

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is what it looked like when i bought it from him (his pic) to the right of the big colony..
Picture044.jpg

it looks about the same but bigger now..

ahha, him and acroholic (dave) got them at the same time.. so it deff is vivid TT. Now, how do i make it prettier? :eek:)

ps. just tried searching the vivid site for an idea on price, and their pic, but no luck. any ideas??

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back