Wyze Smart Plug - Wavemaker

natebatey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something neat I found about the Wyze smart-plug vs. some other smart plugs.
I have found that the Wyze plug allows rules to be set for short duration down to 1 second.
I have one set up on a circulation pump to cycle like a wavemaker.
Another neat part about it is that when you set the time very low, it becomes very random.
So for example if you set it for 5 seconds on then 5 seconds off, sometimes it will be 8 seconds, sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes it will stall out and maybe take 15 seconds. (I think this may be because it is talking to the mothership through the internet and waits for a reply that the time has elapsed)
I tried to do a similar thing on a Kasa smart plug and it would only go down to 1 minute, so 1 minute on and 1 minute off, which is not ideal.
I really like how this works for Random flow and they can be purchased as low as $10.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that the Wyze plug allows rules to be set for short duration down to 1 second.
Another neat part about it is that when you set the time very low, it becomes very random.
So for example if you set it for 5 seconds on then 5 seconds off, sometimes it will be 8 seconds, sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes it will stall out and maybe take 15 seconds. (I think this may be because it is talking to the mothership through the internet and waits for a reply that the time has elapsed)
I tried to do a similar thing on a Kasa smart plug and it would only go down to 1 minute, so 1 minute on and 1 minute off, which is not ideal.
I really like how this works for Random flow and they can be purchased as low as $10.
Agreed 1 min is not ideal on the tp link. Likely due to that issue of time delay though.
But it works fine for my 2 part dosing so far :)

DreWo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you program this on the wyze plug?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back