Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. You have coralline which is a good sign and I t looks healthy as well. GSP looks like it is growing too well as it looks like there are new polyps. You also have a second frag of Xenia maybe closer in the front? I wouldn’t worry about the other Xenia. Focus on getting nitrates up a bit. SLOWLY. Like really slowly and then go slower. Also, look at dropping your phosphates slowly as well. Maybe like a tea spoon or two if you are running a media bag. Once Xenia takes off it will absolutely take over your tank just as an fyi.

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the GSP and Xenia get close to the zoas, do I just pull off the pieces close to the zoas?
You definitely can but it’s going to be a pain. I agree with the person above. I would suggest letting the GSP grow up the back wall or isolating to a rock by itself. The Xenia on the other hand…I would also isolate to a separate rock structure because it will spread rampantly once established.

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Xenia is facing down and barely pulsing! What should I do?
Mine has fully closed up and shrunk down onto the rock. It did this after I started dosing.
I'm at a loss to explain it. It was waving fine. Maybe Alk changed too quick but I always maintained at 8 ish.
Nitrate has been high for a while and working to drop it. But my softies love the high No3.
Last nights parameters
1658275535478.png

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where should I move it to? I have a picture of my tank above.
Mine stretches 4 or 5 inches from what ever it's growing on. Removal from rock is a pain. On top of that any little pieces you lose start growing everywhere they end up. My best advice is to burn it. Lol.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back