0   0   0
image.jpg
What light are you using on this, it looks bright

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't move it around too much that could do it tick it off too. I would start it in lower light and wait till it bounces back, then raise it.

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack the thread buy I'm following along because my xenia has been closed for a couple weeks and i cant figure out why. At first I wasn't concerned and was actually happy because it was growing too much and needed a trim now its been completely receded to just a white coating on the rocks and now my zoas are closing too.

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack the thread buy I'm following along because my xenia has been closed for a couple weeks and i cant figure out why. At first I wasn't concerned and was actually happy because it was growing too much and needed a trim now its been completely receded to just a white coating on the rocks and now my zoas are closing too.
When one coral melts it releases all the Nitrates and Phosphates it used to grow, your parameters/stability swings and other corals can suffer and if they melt it can further increase nutrients and mess with your chemistry. I would personally not pull out the coral and instead really focus on trying to bring my nutrients down to ultra low range and start feeding to keep the parameters where you want them.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My parameters are perfect.
Nitrate:0ppm
Phosphate: .1ppm
Salinity: 1.024
Kh: 8
Magnesium: 1186
Temperature: 76
I'm not sure where you got the idea that those are perfect parameters. Nitrate is too low, salinity is bordering on too low, magnesium is too low, temp is bordering on too low.
More to the point, how did they get that way? What changes have you made? How often are you doing water changes?

Xenia is extremely hardy so most of your parameters likely aren't the end of the world, but soft coral needs nitrate. I expect it is starving.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Full frame

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back