Xenia might be dead??? Help

Hunchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so i bought a Xenia from my LFS Today. And i dipped it in Dip X by red sea. I did the 10ml per liter of tank water i floated the bags in the clean biwl of tank water then mixed the dip x. Using my coral tweezers i pulled them out and set them in the bowl. I used a turky baster to gently agitate anything off of them and roated that with gently swishing it in the water to agitate the criters off then after the 15 min i wrinsed in another bowl of tank water with h202 for nuisance algea and to wrinse of the dip then placed on the bottom of my tank in the sand where there is moderate flow. It was a little retracted but was moving in the flow. Left it alone came and checked 6 hours later and it looks like CRAP pieces floating around and what not missing a bunch of its polyps. Did the dips kill it. Could my crabs have decided to munch on it??

20230214_010938.jpg 20230214_010938.jpg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia is easily brused or damaged, especially if dipped in H2O2. It looks like most of the animals are still alive so just leave it alone for several weeks.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back