XF 350 falling from glass

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased some extra magnets, one for the wet side one for the dry side hoping that it will work on my 1 inch thick acrylic aquarium

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how that works please. I am building a 1" acrylic tank and wanted to buy some 300 series pumps but honestly, I have read so many people having problems with them I may just go with 280's

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how that works please. I am building a 1" acrylic tank and wanted to buy some 300 series pumps but honestly, I have read so many people having problems with them I may just go with 280's
the XF330 pumps i bought and also ordered extra reinforcement magnets that go with this pump and even with a extra magnet on wet side and dry side it would not hold on my 1" thick acrylic so i am going to return the pumps and order the XF350;S and use the extra magnets and see if that works.

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the XF330 pumps i bought and also ordered extra reinforcement magnets that go with this pump and even with a extra magnet on wet side and dry side it would not hold on my 1" thick acrylic so i am going to return the pumps and order the XF350;S and use the extra magnets and see if that works.

I really doubt that even 350 will work on 1" thick wall ...............

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really doubt that even 350 will work on 1" thick wall ...............
i ordered extra magnets mentioned above, i have no doubt a very strong magnet will work, because just for the hell of it i tried my dry side of my great white algae cleaner magnet to the XF330 pump and it held no problem holding it in place

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ordered extra magnets mentioned above, i have no doubt a very strong magnet will work, because just for the hell of it i tried my dry side of my great white algae cleaner magnet to the XF330 pump and it held no problem holding it in place

Good luck with that....
Keep us updated.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is odd that they dissed the "huge aquarium enthusiasts" with their new product line. I had emailed them and asked if they were planning to release a 280 equivalent with their 300 series and they said no. The 280 will stick on 1.25" aquariums... also know as the aquariums that real men have. LOL

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah Just saw it ,

Looks more like a bad workaround from Maxspect concerning the weakness of their magnets conception :confused:

1578319329397.png

1578319342042.png
Can we get the gyres with just the bigger magnet instead of the two weaker small ones?

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am looking for a solution to use the 4 XF350s I have on 1” thick acrylic. Has anyone found a workable solution? I would hate to have to switch back to MP60s.... @csmaxspect Any updates?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am looking for a solution to use the 4 XF350s I have on 1” thick acrylic. Has anyone found a workable solution? I would hate to have to switch back to MP60s.... @csmaxspect Any updates?
Hi Thanks for your support. It should work with one more 350 dry side magnet served as the reinforced magnet, as it's only a few milimeter difference. But you could give it a try of one pump from the beginning.
QQ截图20200225143850.png

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Thanks for your support. It should work with one more 350 dry side magnet served as the reinforced magnet, as it's only a few milimeter difference. But you could give it a try of one pump from the beginning.
QQ截图20200225143850.png
Where can I buy this reinforcement magnet? I’ve googled the heck out of it but no luck :(

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pair of reinforced magnets......

And if If put the waterjets inclined more than 45 degrees from the glass,.......the pump still falls down..

The strenght between the pump magnet and the reinforced magnet isn't strong enough.

I finally glued the magnets from the pump over the back of the reinforced magntes using cianoacrylate glue......

Finally it holds on glass.....

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pair of reinforced magnets......

And if If put the waterjets inclined more than 45 degrees from the glass,.......the pump still falls down..

The strenght between the pump magnet and the reinforced magnet isn't strong enough.

I finally glued the magnets from the pump over the back of the reinforced magntes using cianoacrylate glue......

Finally it holds on glass.....
Ouchhh how annoying. What thickness is your glass? Mine is 19mm (3/4 inch). Where did you buy the magnets?

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having similar issues with the magnets on the 350s on my reefer 750. Granted the glass thickness is approaching maxspect a Stated limit. Never had issues with the 280s though. The pumps are moving all the time.

@csmaxspect any chance you plan to release a stronger magnet for thicker tanks? A wave maker this strong will always be on larger/thicker tanks.
You had good results with the 280? I read a lot of bad reviews on them wich made me hesitant to purchase.

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, may we know what is the issue of 280 magnets?
Nothing with the magnets that i read just read that u have to replace alot of the mechanisms. I wish u would come out with a magnet for the 350 that works on the 1" tanks. If so I'd buy one immediately

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect

Received 2 XF350's today to use on my 3/4" glass tank along with the IPV6 controller, unfortunately have to return them due to them moving on the glass. Total disappointment that a product is claiming to work on something when it clearly does not. I tried getting support on Maxspect's site and I never get the account creation confirmation email trying a couple of different accounts.

Oh well, add another company to the list of selling products that do not work as claimed.

I wish I would've read this first and I would've steered clear

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect

Received 2 XF350's today to use on my 3/4" glass tank along with the IPV6 controller, unfortunately have to return them due to them moving on the glass. Total disappointment that a product is claiming to work on something when it clearly does not. I tried getting support on Maxspect's site and I never get the account creation confirmation email trying a couple of different accounts.

Oh well, add another company to the list of selling products that do not work as claimed.

I wish I would've read this first and I would've steered clear
Mine will fall from the glass if they are not submerged in water. Under normal operation in the water I have no issues with mine falling.

My glass is 3/4"

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back