Xf230 dead after not even 2 years.

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I would have known that I wouldn't even get two years of service out of these pumps I would have taken my money somewhere else.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now, Jebao is looking like the superior product.
Put it this way, Jebao is about 3 to 4 times cheaper than the branded fancy pumps. If it can last 2 years, and you replace them over the course of time, you got 6 to 8 years worth of it.

also to me, I don’t clean them and if it break, I will replace them.

OP
OP
Neoalchemist

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put it this way, Jebao is about 3 to 4 times cheaper than the branded fancy pumps. If it can last 2 years, and you replace them over the course of time, you got 6 to 8 years worth of it.

also to me, I don’t clean them and if it break, I will replace them.
I know. When I bought these I was hoping to support a quality product.
The whole thing is just disappointing is all.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. When I bought these I was hoping to support a quality product.
The whole thing is just disappointing is all.
I get it when consumers try to support quality or locally made products but at the end when it failed, you’re the one that suffered from financial loss and disappointment. Does the companies that you supported care? Mostly not, they’re here to make a profit not to sympathize you.

those money didn’t fall from the sky and it’s hard earned by me so I am going to use them wisely.

peoples always complaints about those cheaply made products but again how many “quality” branded products had more failures? You be the judge and it’s your hard earned money. Well, unless they really fell from the sky lol

JohnMzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My xf230 is not broken (yet) but I will chime in and say that the lack of forward compatibility with the newer Maxpect units means that I will never be buying another Maxspect product again. Obsoleting your product is not the way to respect customers!

Also.. recently bought the round Jebao unit that resembles the Nero 5. Very happy with it!

OP
OP
Neoalchemist

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15901120191702068711335.jpg
Just stopped by the lfs and these three grimy dinosaurs were sitting there. I said what do you want for them and he said 100$. I said sold.
How much do you want to bet they last longer than 2 years?

OP
OP
Neoalchemist

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm going into year #4 on my XF-250's. The only issue I've encountered has been one broken axil.
I hope they last. I have another 230 and hope that one will last. It could redeem the other.

Andrew Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My xf230 is not broken (yet) but I will chime in and say that the lack of forward compatibility with the newer Maxpect units means that I will never be buying another Maxspect product again. Obsoleting your product is not the way to respect customers!

Also.. recently bought the round Jebao unit that resembles the Nero 5. Very happy with it!
Amen! You nailed it! Using obsolesce as a profit model becomes all too clear when you take a comprehensive look at all the gyre models under the Coralvue umbrella. No longterm improvements made, same issues plaguing each successive generation, and the replacement parts are comparable in price to the original MSRP for the entire unit. I am out.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding this issue, we are sorry that Gyre 300 series is not compatible with Gyre 200 series, as we are using new sine wave technology in the controllers, and the new water flow directors, which needs to have a new pump, which has different hardware and is not compatible with the old ones. 2) Sorry to point out that, we have the Gyre pump patent in USA, may we know which store is selling Jebao cross flow pump in USA? We might have an issue with them

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back