XF350 channel B not working

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two XF350s and it appears channel B is dead. I swapped pump channels and both power heads work on channel A. I have reset the controller, updated firmware, reset the ICV6 as well. Anything else I can try?

It goes without saying that is is pretty much brand new, since they just came out and I had to wait a few months (received July 12) to get them at BRS. At least one is working, so I’m not completely down.

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand from the new maxspects you only use one power cable and have to use a y adaptor to power the A & B channels

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand from the new maxspects you only use one power cable and have to use a y adaptor to power the A & B channels
Richard, that is correct. You still have separate a and b channel connections for the pumps interface, but the power is using one power source from the outlet, connected via Y cable, to both the a and b outlets. I purchased a two pump kit from BRS and all was working well for two months.

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sorry that doesn’t help I had a friend that had the same problem until he used the y connector. I only have maxspect most of my tanks have mp40’s. I hope someone else here can help. And since you bought them from BRS they have great customer service from my experience.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two XF350s and it appears channel B is dead. I swapped pump channels and both power heads work on channel A. I have reset the controller, updated firmware, reset the ICV6 as well. Anything else I can try?

It goes without saying that is is pretty much brand new, since they just came out and I had to wait a few months (received July 12) to get them at BRS. At least one is working, so I’m not completely down.
Hi Thanks for your support,
May I know if you have selected the correct pump models on both channels after resetting and before using the pump?
The methods is below and also in the paper manual:
Pump Model Setup Methods 1.jpg

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Thanks for your support,
May I know if you have selected the correct pump models on both channels after resetting and before using the pump?
The methods is below and also in the paper manual:
Pump Model Setup Methods 1.jpg
Just checked and both show XF350 after pressing both buttons to show settings.

Littlesquishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can you get the Y - connection? I think I am in the same situation. Channel B doesn't work but channel A does work. I've only had it one and a half month (second hand).

Last edited:

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a few 3xx pairs running. This is how I have fixed similar issues:
1. Verify the controller is configured for the right pump on the right channel (330 vs 350)
2. Make sure the power cords are well seated. Both the A & B lines need to be plugged into power
3. Clean the pumps

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a known issue with Maxspect gyres. The B channel just craps out. I put in a ticket with Coralvue and they sent me a new controller free of charge.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back