• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

XL Clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaeRae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaeRae

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
546
Reaction score
46
Location
Mt Airy,nc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clam for sale that I hate to part with. It is just getting too big! It measures from front to back 13 + inches, full mantle spread 16+ inches all the way around. It has a small clown that hosts it. If it can be caught it will go with the clam. I had several people interested in it but I was not ready to part with it. As now I have no choice, it will be first come first serve. I have pictures of growth ring upon request. Buyer will be responsible for bringing their own container. I will not ship. This clam will NOT fit in the bottom of a 5 Gal bucket. $300 or best reasonable offer by July 22nd. Im located in Mt Airy N.C 27030
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 254
  • IMAG0210.jpg
    IMAG0210.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 271
I have shipped corals before just never something this big. I wouldnt even know where to start. I cant imagine how much it would cost with the amount of water this thing would take. And I would think that in transit all the growth shelves along the side of the shell would be busted off when it got to where it was going. The more I think of it its just to risky. I really want this clam to live and shipping is just to much of a risk.
 
You can ship with air cargo up to 100lbs at a flat rates anywhere from $60 to $120 anywhere in the country.
 
No pheonix 14k mh 250. When I took the pic the bulbs were like to days old. PENDING SALE ON SATURDAY
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new