XR15 G5 3D Printed mounting!!! FINALLY !!!!

OP
OP
neonreef3d

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1)
Graduated with a Purdue Engineering Degree, here is my current Indycar Hard card and my 3 rings from my 3 indy500 wins.

fp3QDOi.jpeg

2) Great

3) Creating the fillets not only increases strength by removing stress risers but increase surface area (depending on the size of the fillet 25-100%+ more) for adhesion. You are basically making it harder to peal off because you have way more area where the layers are sticking together. Imagine a little dot attaching a layer to something or a solid 1" circle one will be harder to remove. Also the reason why your support material isnt a solid block and done in thin removable layers.

4?)

"I love everyone, but if you are going to hate, I will challenge you by proving me wrong, and he did not accept the challenge. I already strapped a 35lbs weight as a test to make sure it will hold, and it did without any issues..."

Great! I never said it wouldnt work for you. Testing in a single axis it would probably prove pretty strong, if you where to bump it while loaded would it yield? I dont know and I honestly dont have the time or energy to prove out your product. I would worry if it were over MY tank that if I bump it that it would break and fall in the tank. With how expensive XR15's are I would over build it since I personally dont want to buy a replacement.

I dont care what filament you use tbh all I was saying is you could increase the strength and longevity of your design by adding some fillets. Its a nice design that makes it easy to mount on the rail.

Ps I appreciate the petty comments in my build thread, I can tell your not a salty person lol

Lol answer your questions still mad. Thought I could help you out. I was wrong.
do you think I care about your opinion?? opinions are lihe butt holes, everyone has one and most of them stink...

Im not mad,, wolves dont loose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

your ego keeps you coming back ,,, so go ahead and post some more of your lol credentials.

OP
OP
neonreef3d

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
your not my homie, your from phillidontcarenia. spare me your ego as well,,, if you think you can do better then show me!! , put the effort to design one, print it and make it a business.

We speeding in LA , All day!!

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got worried for a minute. My Reefi mount is 3d printed. Ran downstairs to make sure it made use of radiuses. Happy to say no sharp 90’s in the design. Thank you @danlu_gt for not being the dullest crayon in the box!

Attachments

• 6E9C3773-DF63-49C8-8407-CB09020172A3.jpeg
    6E9C3773-DF63-49C8-8407-CB09020172A3.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 71

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do appreciate everyone's comments and advice that comes along.

Thank you.

Why type this when it's clearly not true? You invited advice and feedback.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a business owner this is what I tell anyone who has any input on my business I don't ask for. My business my rules full stop... Someone always claims to have a better way but if it was so easy why don't they go get a loan and quit their job and put everything on the line to prove it? You know what they say about opinions right? Just do your thing..

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a business owner this is what I tell anyone who has any input on my business I don't ask for. My business my rules full stop... Someone always claims to have a better way but if it was so easy why don't they go get a loan and quit their job and put everything on the line to prove it? You know what they say about opinions right? Just do your thing..

Posts business stuff on message board, gets offended by interaction and discussion. Probably the wrong forum then.

Back