XR15 Gen 4 power on issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter miller75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

miller75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2022
Messages
177
Reaction score
62
Location
UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an issue with one of my Gen 4 XR15's, if I unplug the light for a short period of time (Probably 5 minutes) it wont power back on but if I leave it off for about 30 minutes it will start up fine. I am guessing its something to do with residual voltage in the light and after 30 minutes its all dissipated?
 
If I understand you correctly, it seems like a power supply issue.

Try this, unplug the light from the wall outlet, then plug it back in, if what I read is correct the light won't power back on. Then unplug the barrel connector and plug it back in.

If it comes on, there's something faulty with the power supply circuitry. Meanwell is a superior power supply but their built in safety protocols sometimes shuts power down when it's not necessary.
 
If I understand you correctly, it seems like a power supply issue.

Try this, unplug the light from the wall outlet, then plug it back in, if what I read is correct the light won't power back on. Then unplug the barrel connector and plug it back in.

If it comes on, there's something faulty with the power supply circuitry. Meanwell is a superior power supply but their built in safety protocols sometimes shuts power down when it's not necessary.
I have tried another power supply but it doesn't come on until about 30 minutes has passed, I remember years ago a model of HP laptops had this issue which is what made me think about the residual voltage
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new