XR15 Mode and Intensity

  • Thread starter Thread starter shadynate
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shadynate

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2022
Messages
89
Reaction score
11
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there-

I have a 26g redsea max nano mostly stocked with soft coral, and a couple LPS. I am wondering what mode I should have my XR15 at and what % intensity? I’ve been running it pretty low but my softies don’t seem to be growing (could also be bc my nitrates stay below 2ppm). I am curious what other folks with softies and LPS run their ecotech xr15 at on a similar sized tank? And how long of a photoperiod?

image.jpg
 
I have a larger tank but XR15 lights are very weak par lights. I run mine for 10 hours at 100% intensity on AB plus program for mixed reef tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new