Yasha behind rock, not moving

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if its normal or not, but I've had a yasha goby and candy cane shrimp for roughly a week now and the Yasha is hiding in the corner of my tank behind a rock, no sign of the candy cane pistol. He seems to be breathing fine but not eating. Any advice?

Edit: He also isn't running away from me like he usually does when I move around.
20230911_202710.jpg 20230911_203250.jpg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s scared and hiding. Give it space. It can take weeks/months for some fish to feel safe in the tank. Shrimp gobies hide in caves (that their shrimp friend builds) so it’s common for them to rarely come out in the open even after they’re comfortable in the tank.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s scared and hiding. Give it space. It can take weeks/months for some fish to feel safe in the tank. Shrimp gobies hide in caves (that their shrimp friend builds) so it’s common for them to rarely come out in the open even after they’re comfortable in the tank.
Thats what I figured, he has his cave though and he was basically in between the rock and the glass outside his cave for about 20 minutes. He's moved so I'm assuming hes back hiding in his spot. Just weird he wouldn't budge even when I was walking by.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back