Yasha goby behavior

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I added a beautiful Yasha goby to my tank about three weeks ago and didn't see him after the second day so I wrote him off as a loss after the first week.

Lo and behold he's decided to make his appearance! Still very timid, but darting out from under a rock to eat at feeding time now, with the occasional glimpse at other times.

I understand they are a very timid variety of goby and I am wondering if I could expect him to get more comfortable in the tank or just be happy knowing he's alive without enjoying his presence regularly.

Also wondering if I added a Russell pistol shrimp I'd that might help him Bolden up a bit. Nothing else in the tank seems to be bothering him so I'm hoping he decides to get a bit more social.

Any experience with yasha is welcomed!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was timid at first but became very bold in a couple of months. He made his home under a rock with GSP on it.

I would recommend an Randal's pistol shrimp as they stay small and don't create the problems tiger pistols sometimes do.

yasha avatar.jpg

Yasha-shrimp (1 of 1).jpg

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hid for 6 full months then was out in the open for a couple of years. Unfortunately they don't live too long. Part of the long term hiding was likely he choose a spot to live that was not visible from the front.

Back