Yasha goby question

thesaiyans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my husband and I have a yasha goby that feeds from an eye dropper and swims out in the open comfortably within our 10 gal AIO LPS tank. As my husband was watching him he noticed his mouth open really wide and a big round like bottom to his mouth that looked like a whale when they extend it. Does anyone have a photo of this by chance and possibly know why it did this when it wasn't feeding.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my husband and I have a yasha goby that feeds from an eye dropper and swims out in the open comfortably within our 10 gal AIO LPS tank. As my husband was watching him he noticed his mouth open really wide and a big round like bottom to his mouth that looked like a whale when they extend it. Does anyone have a photo of this by chance and possibly know why it did this when it wasn't feeding.
One thing I can think of as to why is aggression and showing dominance, although in the two years of owning mine I have never seen it do that (Although, it has been with 4 other peaceful fish that never bother it)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back