Yay my clown hosting a BTA!

  • Thread starter Thread starter allabout
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

allabout

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
277
Reaction score
8
Location
Harrisonburg, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this pair of clowns for just a month or so and decided to get a BTA. On Sunday I got the BTA in the tank and on Tuesday evening the onyx picasso started hosting! Sorry about the blue pics, this was just after it started hosting, main lights are off. The BTA is purple with green tips and the clown rarely leaves it anymore! So excited! The snowflake hasn't really gone in the nem, which is fine because it was being quite aggressive with the onyx and has left it alone since then. I'm guessing eventually it will host too, but who knows.
 

Attachments

  • clowns-nem.jpg
    clowns-nem.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 197
  • onyx-in-nem2.jpg
    onyx-in-nem2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 170
  • onyx-nem.jpg
    onyx-nem.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 219
Congrats!!! I love the symbiotic relationship between clowns and anemones. It is neat to watch.
 
LOL, the anemone kinda looks like an acro in the first pic. :bigsmile:

Haha yeah it had pulled in a bit when the clown first started hosting there so the tentacles look a bit short.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad it started, I know sometimes they just don't want to do it and there isn't much you can do. Got lucky they hooked up so quickly!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new