Yay...my lens is here !!!

saltwaternewb

Team Nikon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new lens (Tamron 90mm f2.8 DI SP 1:1 macro) was delivered to my office so I am going over to pick it up. Stand-by for pictures:D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet! Just like Christmas!

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME!!!! I know it's premature, but here is a little incentive. :D

pichers1.jpg

OP
OP
saltwaternewb

saltwaternewb

Team Nikon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol...yeah took a few snap shot of a couple tiny little flowers out in the yard and they are not looking so hot, but I will download and post anyways. This thing is kinda complicated and the manual offers NO help. Anyone familiar with this lens or maybe other macro/micro lenses that are similar? For some reason it will only allow me to shoot with the AP ring set on 32 on the lens and the dof is not good at this setting. Could it be a camera setting? If I move the AP ring the I get an error reading on the camera screen that says rE E. My camera is a Nikon D70.

OP
OP
saltwaternewb

saltwaternewb

Team Nikon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I picked up my lens at my office, pulled in the drive way, go tout of the truck and saw some flowers in the yard. Slapped on the new lens since I had my camera with me and this is the result, my very first macro attempts...

DSC_1407.jpg

DSC_1409.jpg

DSC_1410.jpg

DSC_1413.jpg

Not good I know. Tried messing with the AP but the lens does not want to cooperate so the DOF is not very good IMO. I guess I just need to play around and figure this thing out. Also these are straight off the camera so there has been no work on them. I think I am going to have lots of fun though.

Last edited:

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you don't have it attached right. My biggest problem was figuring out how to switch it from AF to MF. I've never touched the AP ring, I always set my aperture on the camera itself and it changes when I do, so I'm not sure what the point of the AP ring would be. Remember, USE A TRIPOD!

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I picked up my lens at my office, pulled in the drive way, go tout of the truck and saw some flowers in the yard. Slapped on the new lens since I had my camera with me and this is the result, my very first macro attempts...

Looks good, just need to get the DOF fixed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back