Yellow acropora identification

Miami Reef

Reef Chem Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
17,255
Reaction score
29,665
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This acro was popping yellow in the LFS. It’s a wild marticulture piece.

Does anyone have an ID on this guy? Photos do not do it justice, and it honestly looked MUCH better at the LFS. ;)

It’s definitely yellow. No doubt.

23E1FE50-B09E-4226-946D-1945AA6C03FA.jpeg
28B286DB-7816-4522-A9D1-BE188A1EEAAB.jpeg
BB9C0D97-05B4-418F-A23A-3D8CD620AEDD.jpeg
 
It's not the one shown on the page in the link below. However, this a very useful resource and you might be able to find it there:

CoralsOfTheWorld
 
I’m very new to the acro identification world. I will eventually get my toes wet, but I was mainly wondering if this acro had a name for the color morph.
 
Microlados or trade name is pikachu if I am not mistaken. If your one of the few that can keep yellow colors a true yellow, this acro is a shower. I particularly like it in low nutrient tanks.
 
Maricultured corals don't come with names, typically. They are literally farmed wild corals from the Indo-Pacific. Aquacultured corals do come with names and are typically grown inland.

Kind of looks like Acropora aculeus to me. A. aculeus can be bright yellow-green at times.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new