Yellow assessor basslet

Fakegolfnews

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2019
Messages
978
Reaction score
822
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble getting my new assessor basslet to eat. Anyone have any tricks or special food to try?
 
Mine eats spirulina enriched brine and mysis. I also put a few drops of selcon on it and let it sit until it thaws.

The assessor hides behind the reef in a back corner. I squirt the food in the opposite direction, then toward the assessor. The other fish ultimately come back and outcompete the assessor.

It doesn’t gorge itself like my other fish. It probably also consumes pods. I see it out in the open in the morning when the lights are off.

Good luck with it. It’s not unusual for a new fish to fast for a while. It is still getting used to a new environment and may not be thinking about food, but safety right now.
 
Mine eats spirulina enriched brine and mysis. I also put a few drops of selcon on it and let it sit until it thaws.

The assessor hides behind the reef in a back corner. I squirt the food in the opposite direction, then toward the assessor. The other fish ultimately come back and outcompete the assessor.

It doesn’t gorge itself like my other fish. It probably also consumes pods. I see it out in the open in the morning when the lights are off.

Good luck with it. It’s not unusual for a new fish to fast for a while. It is still getting used to a new environment and may not be thinking about food, but safety right now.
Thanks, its the first fish so its all alone. Doesnt need to compete. Hopefully i can get it eating. I have some mysis ill try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new