Yellow assessor basslet

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble getting my new assessor basslet to eat. Anyone have any tricks or special food to try?

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats spirulina enriched brine and mysis. I also put a few drops of selcon on it and let it sit until it thaws.

The assessor hides behind the reef in a back corner. I squirt the food in the opposite direction, then toward the assessor. The other fish ultimately come back and outcompete the assessor.

It doesn’t gorge itself like my other fish. It probably also consumes pods. I see it out in the open in the morning when the lights are off.

Good luck with it. It’s not unusual for a new fish to fast for a while. It is still getting used to a new environment and may not be thinking about food, but safety right now.

OP
OP
Fakegolfnews

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats spirulina enriched brine and mysis. I also put a few drops of selcon on it and let it sit until it thaws.

The assessor hides behind the reef in a back corner. I squirt the food in the opposite direction, then toward the assessor. The other fish ultimately come back and outcompete the assessor.

It doesn’t gorge itself like my other fish. It probably also consumes pods. I see it out in the open in the morning when the lights are off.

Good luck with it. It’s not unusual for a new fish to fast for a while. It is still getting used to a new environment and may not be thinking about food, but safety right now.
Thanks, its the first fish so its all alone. Doesnt need to compete. Hopefully i can get it eating. I have some mysis ill try.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back