Yellow damsel fish spawning

jordan banks

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2014
Messages
381
Reaction score
6
Location
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a herem of yellow damselfish, 5 females and 1 male. They spawn constantly. It is so neat to watch because they lay their eggs upside down and the male goes upside down to fertilize the eggs. He protects his eggs and cleans them often. Sometimes the females come to lay more eggs and he chases them off. I'm not trying to raise them for profit. I leave the eggs alone and let things take place.
 
I'll try a video in a few hours from now. Maybe some pics next time. It's really neat to watch.
 
I can't post a video. I don't think my I phone will allow it. Anyways it's something I thought I'd share because it's really neat.
 
Ah that sucks. Sounds like a fun thing to have going on in your tank!
It would be great if you knew someone prepared to try to raise the fry :)
 
So awesome!
Could you remove some and try to get them feeding? I have a larval stage fish in my tank (I duno what it is. It was a hitchhiker) that eats rotifers. Maybe yours will accept them too?
 
No, I'm just going to late nature take place. Your hitchhikers would be interesting to raise since they are a mystery fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new