Yellow fish for 40 breeder

Oba97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to add one more fish to my 40 breeder. I am thinking I would like a yellow fish that is an active swimmer. My current stock list is

Watchman goby
Perc clown
Banggai cardinal
Coral beauty

I was thinking a coriss wrasse or Midas blenny but am curious on people’s thoughts.

Thanks!

OP
OP
O

Oba97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the wrass bother my sexy or cleaner shrimp? Forgot to put them on my stock list.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've never kept sexy shrimp, but i'd imagine the canary wrasse would mow those down real quick. cleaner shrimp/blood shrimp/peppermint are probably safe

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to add one more fish to my 40 breeder. I am thinking I would like a yellow fish that is an active swimmer. My current stock list is

Watchman goby
Perc clown
Banggai cardinal
Coral beauty

I was thinking a coriss wrasse or Midas blenny but am curious on people’s thoughts.

Thanks!

Both a coris wrasse or Midas blenny would be great. Tailspots/Midas have such fun personalities, will clean minor algae, and are a great fish to add some flavor to the tank.

I just added a coris wrasse this past week for a nuisance amphipod problem. They are also excellent. They don’t have the personality that blennys do and are a bit timid but are a great working and peaceful wrasse. The yellow coris wrasse has already buddied up with my mccoskers flasher wrasse.

Both options would be great choices.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the wrass bother my sexy or cleaner shrimp? Forgot to put them on my stock list.

It’s definitely possible it will go after smaller inverts like a sexy shrimp. He’ll most likely just pick at it but wouldn’t be abnormal if he ended up killing it.

Other than that, they shouldn’t cause any problems and are excellent with other fish.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should consider a yellow Assessor, not only are they active swimmers but they can swim on their sides and upside down. ;)

1578765193727.jpeg

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas would probably be a better choice, since the wrasse would find that tank a bit cramped as it reaches full size. Personally I feel that any Halichoeres should be in at least a 4 foot long tank for the long haul.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow wrasse is very active. It comes right to the suface at feeding time and anytime I get close to the tank. They do get rather large for that size tank. The lfs has one in a 500 and it is 6". I also run bare bottom and he is doing well.
20200109_191305.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back