Yellow head jawfish “sandbox”

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking into a yellow head jawfish as a possible inhabitant in an upcoming build. The main issue I see is that I don’t want 5 to 7 inches of sand. Can you build them a “sandbox” or a few, with deep sand? Or will they just ignore what you want and try to make their home where they want it?

Last edited:

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking into a yellow head jawfish as a possible inhabitant in an upcoming build. The main issue I see is that I don’t want 5 to 7 inches of sand. Can you build them a “sandbox” or a few, with deep sand? Or will they just ignore what you want and try to make their home where they want it?
When you say yellow head do you mean a pearly Jawfish?

OP
OP
mikee002

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say yellow head do you mean a pearly Jawfish?

Yes, that is what I mean. I was originally looking at a blue spot but after research it looks like they do best in cooler temperatures and I don’t have a chiller and live in Florida so not going to go with that one.

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is what I mean. I was originally looking at a blue spot but after research it looks like they do best in cooler temperatures and I don’t have a chiller and live in Florida so not going to go with that one.
You don’t need 7 inches of sand, unless there are no rocks to burrow under. I keep a Dusky Jawfish in my 30 long, and it has a few inches of sand. It does have rocks, however, to burrow under, and shells to use as supports

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back