Yellow head jawfish

Jessieg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have a 80 gallon tank. I have 2 clownfish, a royal gamma, yellow eye tang, and a yellow watchman goby. I am interested in getting a pearly jawfish. I do not have a lid for my tank so I am nervous due to my diamond goby jumping out. Any advice about the jawfish? I’ve only seen that they jump when they are startled but I still wanted another opinion.

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in 32g biocube. He’s about a 1 1/2 years old. My son named him Gilbert. Very cool fish. He built his home under a rock in the front of the tank. He eats like a pig. Gets along with 2 occ clowns fine. If a crab or snail gets to close to his home he’ll push them away. It’s pretty amusing to watch. I heard they jump but never seen him do it. I do have the tank covered

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a YH Jaw jump before but the one I have now stays real close to his house & will hightail it there but my tank is covered

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very cool fish. And, at least IMO, a fish that must have a covered tank to live in. You can easily DIY a screen top using 1/4" mesh from BRS and window screen frame from HD/Lowes. I'd strongly recommend doing that first, then getting the fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back