Yellow long nose butterfly question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a yellow long nose butterfly fish yesterday from my local store because my wife really liked it. Was wounding how long it took yours to adjust to your tank. Mine has set on one side of the tank and hasn’t ate

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I picked up a yellow long nose butterfly fish yesterday from my local store because my wife really liked it. Was wounding how long it took yours to adjust to your tank. Mine has set on one side of the tank and hasn’t ate
These are semi-difficult fish and recommended for a well established tank and with pods to feed on. It may take a few days for it to show interest in food.
you could try clam on a shell or live brine shrimp as enticers for it to eat
Always ask pet store to see the fish eat and look up care requirements when at the store prior to purchase

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these that ate Hikari mysis shrimp every day but faded away regardless. It slowly lost weight until it died. I don’t know if it had an internal parasite or not but I felt that they have a high metabolism due to the fact it swam all day and all night. Never really went to bed. No bullying occurred and it never seemed stressed but.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back