tsuekama

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35348040-2A2A-4CC9-ADE7-89A89323BF45.jpeg

Hello all

my yellow mimic scopis tang has these new brown marks. can anyone give me advice on what it is and how to help it?
Thanks
Tiffany

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35348040-2A2A-4CC9-ADE7-89A89323BF45.jpeg

Hello all

my yellow mimic scopis tang has these new brown marks. can anyone give me advice on what it is and how to help it?
Thanks
Tiffany

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Is it eating well? It is pretty thin. Be sure it is fed multiple times a day, nori, pellets, mysids.
Zebrasoma tangs like these sometimes get erythema (red marks). Sometimes they go away on their own, other times you need to treat them in a separate tank with antibiotics.
Jay

OP
OP
tsuekama

tsuekama

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pellets that I give twice a day and I have nori always available on a clip. What should you do to treat?

OP
OP
tsuekama

tsuekama

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pellets that I give twice a day and I have nori always available on a clip. What should you do to treat?
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Is it eating well? It is pretty thin. Be sure it is fed multiple times a day, nori, pellets, mysids.
Zebrasoma tangs like these sometimes get erythema (red marks). Sometimes they go away on their own, other times you need to treat them in a separate tank with antibiotics.
Jay
Also I just watched more closely while feeding and it doesn’t seem like it’s eating really well. Any recommends?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I just watched more closely while feeding and it doesn’t seem like it’s eating really well. Any
I think this fish has some underlying health issue. It may already be too thin to bring back around. I assume you haven’t had it very long? Try chopping some frozen mysids into smaller pieces and feeding that to it.
Jay

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back