(Yellow rainbow montipora)JF Beach Bum, Altered Ego, AquaSD Rainbow Phoenix, WWC Kung Pow, RR Crazy-

Flyingbulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Not sure if we got the right Mo.nti bUT this thing was labeled ASD rainbow phoenix.. it's just orange and starting to colour up..

2017-01-24%2016.09.33.png

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks just like mine, when I got it from ASD. I moved mine half way up and starting to lighten up after about a month

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for an update and some thought about the coloration of Alter Ego. I believe the lack of color is an elemental deficiency of some sort. I had mine go grey and pale (everything seemed to do the same) but after dosing true balling solutions (Tropic Marin Balling salts) with a third part that is sodium chloride free sea salt. The Alter Ego has become nuclear pink and is going crazy growing again! I've also noticed that if I routinely dose Iron supplements made from Fergon iron tablets that it gets the crazy pearlescent sheen over it. Here's a current pic. I haven't dosed iron in a couple months, or changed it's location light wise. It is still sitting in the same place with 375-385 PAR. I moved it today to get behind it, so I snapped a quick iPhone pic.

IMG_4309_zpsy6ah5jyw.jpg

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Time for an update and some thought about the coloration of Alter Ego. I believe the lack of color is an elemental deficiency of some sort. I had mine go grey and pale (everything seemed to do the same) but after dosing true balling solutions (Tropic Marin Balling salts) with a third part that is sodium chloride free sea salt. The Alter Ego has become nuclear pink and is going crazy growing again! I've also noticed that if I routinely dose Iron supplements made from Fergon iron tablets that it gets the crazy pearlescent sheen over it. Here's a current pic. I haven't dosed iron in a couple months, or changed it's location light wise. It is still sitting in the same place with 375-385 PAR. I moved it today to get behind it, so I snapped a quick iPhone pic.

IMG_4309_zpsy6ah5jyw.jpg
Just over the past couple of weeks it has started to change.I think it's been about 2 and half months since I moved it up to higher light.
You guys have no idea how excited i am. Mines finally getting the tans purples and pinks in! Ill have a photo up next week.....

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back