Yellow Stringy Algae??

  • Thread starter Thread starter jules11vb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jules11vb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
255
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what kind of algae this is? Or what I can do to get rid of it. Yellow tang, hermits, lawnmower blenny won't go near it. It gets really long and stringy if left alone. Feels very slimy and thick. Suggestions...

k48sr7.jpg
 
Ive been getting some to jules. Its been at donnies for along time. Nothing touches it that I know of. it is some type of bacteria from what im told, and chemi clean doesnt affect it. im trying to figure out what to do as well
 
Ive been getting some to jules. Its been at donnies for along time. Nothing touches it that I know of. it is some type of bacteria from what im told, and chemi clean doesnt affect it. im trying to figure out what to do as well

That sucks. Yeah, I've noticed it only in my 75gallon, which I fill with water from Donny's. Let me know if you come up with any good way to get rid of it other than scooping it out by the handful every week.
 
its gotten alot worse than it was in the original photo. And come to think of it...I can't find my purple zoa's anywhere...dang.
 
Just so you know jules, the water you get in no-way comes in contact with our systems, so don't think you are putting a handful in or anything everytime you get water
 
Just so you know jules, the water you get in no-way comes in contact with our systems, so don't think you are putting a handful in or anything everytime you get water

thanks for clarifying, Alex, I didn't realize that the water you sell wasn't connected to your systems. Maybe I should pay more attention next time I'm in there. I'm usually in a total daze when I come in the store on the weekends anyway.
 
Ive been getting some to jules. Its been at donnies for along time. Nothing touches it that I know of. it is some type of bacteria from what im told, and chemi clean doesnt affect it. im trying to figure out what to do as well

do you have any photos of it in your tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new